Dec 4, 2013

Marvel at God's Majesty

Taken from Have a Mary Christmas by Karen Kingsbury

Author Robert Ketchum tells of a Sunday school teacher who asked her students if anyone could quote the entire 23rd Psalm. A girl - not quite 5 years old - raised her hand. Doubting the child's ability, the teacher asked the girl if she could really recite the entire Scripture. She smiled, nodded and walked to the front of the room. With the joy of the Lord shining in her eyes, she said, "The Lord is my shepherd, that's all I want." And she sat back down.

If only we could spend more of our Christmas hours holding tight to that single thought. The Lord is everything to us. He is truly all we need, all we could ever want. For only God can give us the best gifts of all - the fruit of the Holy Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23).

As Christmas draws near again, I am reminded once more of Kelsey's precious card: a Christmas tree, a cross and the two of us holding hands. What else could anyone want? I will spend the rest of my Christmases determined to experience December in a way I will remember. I will mend relationships, make time for traditions, and marvel at His majesty - and I will teach my children the same precious habits. By doing so, I can always be sure to do what Kelsey wanted me to do so many years ago - Have a Mary Christmas.

No comments: